Full Mouth Reconstruction Tumwater WA
Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of completely restoring all of the teeth in your mouth.
Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of completely restoring all of the teeth in your mouth. Full mouth reconstruction, unlike a “smile makeover,” is a necessary series of procedures, rather than an elective surgery. Full mouth reconstruction is needed when: teeth have been lost, teeth have been injured or fractured, teeth have become worn as a result of acid-erosion or jaw pain is present due to bite problems.
Procedures Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Every patient’s full mouth reconstruction is different and, therefore, requires various different procedures. Usually, full mouth reconstruction requires multiple office visits and some amount of healing time. Dr. Jude will determine which procedure or combination of procedures is necessary to restore and rebuild your perfect smile. Dr. Jude will also refer you to other dental specialists if needed. Some options include:
- Professional teeth cleaning (dental prophylaxis)
- Crown lengthening to prepare tooth structure for possible dental crowns or dental bridges
- Surgery to reposition the jaw (orthognathic surgery)
- Contouring of the gum tissue
- Reduction of natural tooth structure to prepare for dental crowns, bridges, and teeth veneers
- Placement of temporary restorations to get you used to your new teeth or bite adjustment
- Placement of permanent restorations such as crowns, veneers, dental inlays and onlays, or bridges
- Braces to move teeth into the ideal position for reconstruction
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to increase the stability of your teeth or dental implants
Prosthetic Dentistry of Tumwater
5 out of 5 stars based on 1 Full Mouth Reconstruction reviews.
Our Latest Patient Testimonial
I could not have gone through this without you. Thank you!
- Mary S