Denture Care | Tumwater WA
Call Prosthetic Dentistry of Tumwater Phone Number 360-438-0711 if you have any questions or to schedule your denture consultation [...]
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Removable dentures should be removed at bedtime.
- Soak the denture overnight in a commercially available denture soak (Polydent, Efferdent, Stain Away Plus, Sparkledent). NOTE: never move the denture directly from the soak to your mouth. The chemicals in the soak are safe for your denture, but not for use in your mouth.
- After soaking overnight, brush the denture inside and outside with a soft, large nylon brush made especially for dentures. The soak loosens the debris from your denture but you must complete the process by brushing it away.
- Keep your denture over a sink full of water or a thick towel while brushing – just in case it slips out of your hand.
- Never use toothpaste meant for natural teeth on your denture. Those toothpastes are too abrasive for dentures.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water and may warp if allowed to dry out.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly. Even if you no longer have natural teeth, you should still have yearly dental exams.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
Call Prosthetic Dentistry of Tumwater Phone Number 360-438-0711 if you have any questions or to schedule your denture consultation with Dr. Jude today!